9.22.2010

A Schedule to Keep

By: Melanie

Oooh, I'm on a roll this week. I've managed to complete every cleaning task on the schedule I made on Sunday, and I threw in an extra bathroom cleaning even though it's not Bathroom Day until Saturday. A film of tile dust left over from messy repairmen is very persuasive.

I thought I'd share my cleaning schedule with you, so that you can keep tabs on me or so that you can clean along with me. It's less lonely that way.

Sunday: Rest! You like it already, don't you?
Monday: Laundry
Tuesday: Grocery shopping
Wednesday: Bedrooms and Home office
Thursday: Laundry
Friday: Living and Dining Rooms
Saturday: Kitchen and Bathroom

It works for me so far. There are more involved tasks on the days when my schedule is more open, and less time consuming things on days when Elle and I have more fun stuff to do than clean.

Today, as you can see, was Bedrooms and Home Office Day. And this was no run-of-the-mill-fly-by cleaning. Oh no. First of all there was dusting involved. That by itself speaks volumes to how seriously I am taking this challenge. But for those of you who fail to be impressed by dusting alone, try this on for size. I washed the doors. I washed the baseboards. I cleaned the venetian blinds. My brain is still reeling at the feats my hands accomplished today. And that perfect little daughter of mine stood by and patiently kept herself amused while I toiled. It was like something out of the Twilight Zone. Only cleaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment