3.23.2011

I think I just spotted a tumbleweed.

By: Melanie


Today my darling husband looked around and announced that it officially looks as though we're moving out, that he can tell that the place is looking emptier. And the angels sang, and it was good. 18 boxes are crammed into our narrow hallway and the shelves are looking pretty bare, but nothing has made me feel more encouraged than that casual comment from my terribly unobservant husband this morning.

It lifted me to such high spirits that I immediately got on the phone and set up an appointment to cancel our internet service, the last of the utilities arrangements to be made. I also made a couple of address changes online and - get this - charged my iPod! (Unrelated, but I've been meaning to do that for three weeks now.)

It has been a good day so far. Next on the list is trudging down to the dodgy post office that I hate more than the smell of putrid turkey to submit my change of address request. It turns out that international requests must be done in person, and once again I'm reminded that being one of the largest and most developed cities in the world doesn't mean that you don't get all caught up in red tape and ridiculous policies from time to time. Don't get me started on the cash only issue...I'm having a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment