12.19.2010

Photo Books

By: Melanie





Living in the digital age means that I don't actually have a lot of photos hanging around. And having a baby has made me pretty efficient at mailing out photos to people once I've developed them. I like to show her off, you see. But although we take an extraordinary amount of photos as most parents with one child do, I'm not so great at assembling them into any viewable order...except for making Facebook albums, of course.

I've decided this week that I'm going to start a new routine. Every three months, coordinating roughly with the seasons, I will go through my pictures for that period and put them together in an online photo book. At the end of the year I will order the book, and so we'll have one book for every year. I think it's a great idea. I've even found the website I'm going to use. It's called Photo Inpress. It's a Canadian company, and the finished product is really high quality. My sister-in-law made a beautiful one for my mom...and I just missed getting around to it, back in my pre-organized days...and I just love how it turned out.

I'm excited to get started. I've got my work cut out for me because I want to start from 2009 when Elle was born. And I've killed two birds with one stone, sort of. I have a system to organize my photos, and now I'm crafty too!

No comments:

Post a Comment