12.27.2010

Everyone needs a vacation

By: Melanie


Christmas happens sometimes, usually around this time of year. I don't know about Marca, but I've been very neglectful of the little green book for the last week or so. In fact, I skipped Week 16 altogether. So I've made an executive decision. Last week was our vacation from the challenge. That's not to say there won't be another one...in fact, I think it's only fair that Marca gets to make an executive decision at a time of her choosing as well. But we're picking up where we left off this week and I'm burrowing into my diaper bag as we speak. It's pretty shameful, how the bits of food get stuck to the twigs and receipts - wait, how did that receipt get there?? - and how the chalk dust gives everything a rosy/green glow. Then it's onto my most-of-the-time purse, followed randomly by the other half dozen or so purses I use from time to time. There will be cleaning, sorting, finding of treasures, and I'll even develop a system for easy purse-switching. Now that Christmas is over and Elle is transfixed by her mountain of new toys, I should have a spare minute or two.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment